Sunday, May 3, 2009

I've got the power!

Every morning when my cell phone alarm clock goes off I fumble for my sidekick, which is usually sort of where I left it on the pillow next to my head, I look at the phone, and the time it says I set the alarm for and I accuse it of lying.

"You son of a bitch, its not EVEN 8:30 yet. Lying piece of..." and then I turn my head and look at my powerpuff girl clock that I never put batteries in and curse myself for not making it run so I could have a second opinion on the time of day. I then try and make my computer wake up and tell me, but even it is resisting my alarm. (Computers are really way lazier than humans, they're always going to sleep, or into hibertnation... I'm not sure what good will come of replacing us with them.)

Finally, I decide that even if it IS 8:30, I'm not going to get up. Why should I? If I'm so important that I have to be somewhere in an hour then everyone should just be able to wait since they can't do ANYTHING without me, right?

As all of these thoughts come about, my alarm is still bleeping at me and it seems to be getting more and more persisitant "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAAAKE UPPP!!" It gets to the point of where I can't even think anymore. I don't really know what time it is because the powerpuff girls hate me, my computer screen is a fucking lazy ass piece of plastic and weird chip things, and my cell phone is obviously a menacing patholiogical liar.

So what do I do? I hit the snooze button and smile. I fucking win. I get to sleep for as long as I like and you, fucking alarm, get to try and wake me up again in five minutes, and I WILL press snooze again. I put my head back on the pillow and close my eyes. Then, just as quickly, I jerk back up in bed and decide that I will get up after my alarm told me to, but only because its MY decision and then I leave the room as quickly as possibly so that, when it goes off again in four minutes, no one will be there to hear it scream.

Ultimatly it is my decision to get out of bed, not some stupid four inch cell phone's. I've got the power back over my life without the help of the powerpuff girls or my PC. I win, because, in the end, its my life and I get to decide what to do with it.

Right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment