Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jitters

I will forever be the kid who is too nervous about the first day of school to sleep. Though, it’s not the giddy I wonder what friends I’ll make, which cute boys will be available to flirt with, if I’ll like my teachers, or even the I get to use my brand new notebook kind of jitters. Those jitters would be nice once in a while.

Instead, I get the nightmares the night before of being late, or showing up in the wrong class, or getting to class and finding out it has been cancelled or moved to a room on the other side of campus. I even get the I’ve been skipping the class the whole semester and now I’m failing dreams. I get the ulcer-esq cramps in my stomach fretting while I should be sleeping that I read the syllabus incorrectly and rented the wrong book. I get the I have to leave two hours early to head to campus that is 1 mile (6 blocks) down the street because I can’t be late anxiety. I get the, should I drive and try to find a meter to park at, or should I walk and sweat my balls off because I might not even find a meter and then I’ll have to drive back home and walk anyway dilemma.

The first day of class is always stressful. This semester, I suppose is especially stressful as it’s my very last first day of fall semester and if anything goes wrong, I won’t graduate as planned in spring. So wish me luck, world. I’ll need it. Luck and some Xanax.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! But I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! :) I can understand you though, I'm a worrier and my jitters used to be always of your same kind...

    ReplyDelete