Thursday, November 24, 2011

Love Struck

I am in love. The kind of love that makes your lungs burn, your eyes water, and your knees wobble. Okay, I know that sounds more like I just got pepper sprayed, but seriously, its love. It’s not my fault that being pepper sprayed and falling head over heels elicits the same physical reactions. I am in so over my head that I can’t see straight. Think of a love song, and I’ve probably already dedicated it to the object of my affection.

The only bad part about being in love this time is that I’m going to have to dump my old love. I’ll be spending my nights curled up in bed with the new love of my life, while the old love of my life lays alone, cold, and drained. My old love will probably even die without me, spending eternity with a big black hole where once, life bloomed.

What’s worse is that I’m leaving this love for his more attractive brother. Yes, I’ve said it. Kindle, I’m leaving you for Kindle Fire. I don’t think anyone can blame me. Have you seen those vibrant colors? Did you know that KF and I can not only read about sparkly vampires together, but probably also play a game about them, AND watch a movie with them in it? Did you? Kindle Fire is everything I’ve ever wanted and more. It can stimulate my intellect one minute, help me waste time the next, and always promises to watch whichever movie I want to watch that night.

So I’m moving on. This Thanksgiving, I’d like to say I’m thankful for all the black and white reading my first love, Kindle allowed me to do. I’d also like to say I’m thankful that I’ve finally found my real one true love, and that after this midnight shopping spree, nothing will ever be able to keep us apart again… until Amazon comes out with an even better version to take my breath away, that is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment